and between them hung full-length mirrors.”
~ Oathbringer by Brandon Sanderson
In a fantasy world where the power of a storm can be infused into a gemstone,
That powerful light is called Stormlight.
These socks feature cables infused with lace, reminiscent of the
lanterns and mirrors in the sentence above.
These socks are worked toe up with a fully charted and written cable and lace pattern that is more intuitive than it appears. The Fleegle heel creates a comfortable, deep instep.
Sizing: S (M, L)
Finished Sock Circumference:
6.75 (7.75, 8.75)”/ 17 (19.5, 22) cm
Fits a foot circumference of:
8 (9, 10)“ / 20.5 (23, 25.5) cm.
With an ideal negative ease of 1.25”/3 cm
· 1 set of US 1.5 (2.5 mm) needles or size needed to meet specified gauge, in your preferred style for sock knitting.
· 1 set of US 0 (2.0 mm) needles, or size 0.5 mm smaller than gauge needle, in your preferred style for sock knitting.
· 60-100 g of fingering weight yarn. Yardage requirements vary depending on foot length and height of sock leg. The sample uses Woolberry Fiber Co Berry Cormo in the Marigold colorway. This yarn is 100% non-superwash Cormo [420 yds / 384 m per 100g skein]
o Sample used 85g (357 yds / 326 m) for the medium size with 3 repeats.
· 1 locking stitch marker
· 2 stitch markers (optional – if you’re not working magic loop)
· Cable needle (optional – if you use one)